Up Stones from the County Walk Prev Next Slideshow

The stone from Adams County is taken from a section of the original sidewalk in West Union, the county seat. Dating to approximately 1875, the dolomite was quarried in or near West Union and was in use for more than a century. This piece was located near the old Bell Tavern that stood on the west end of Main Street. Dating to approximately 1875, this dolomite was quarried in or near West Union, the county seat, and was in use as part of the original sidewalk for more than a century. Many of the public buildings in West Union are built with foundations constructed with this same stone, including the courthouse and the First Presbyterian Church. This piece was located near the old Bell Tavern that stood on the west end of Main Street. | Adams

 At first page  Next image  Index page
Adams.jpg - The stone from Adams County is taken from a section of the original sidewalk in West Union, the county seat. Dating to approximately 1875, the dolomite was quarried in or near West Union and was in use for more than a century. This piece was located near the old Bell Tavern that stood on the west end of Main Street. Dating to approximately 1875, this dolomite was quarried in or near West Union, the county seat, and was in use as part of the original sidewalk for more than a century. Many of the public buildings in West Union are built with foundations constructed with this same stone, including the courthouse and the First Presbyterian Church. This piece was located near the old Bell Tavern that stood on the west end of Main Street.

Total images: 102 | Last update: 10/12/08 12:55 PM | Help