Up Stones from the County Walk Prev Next Slideshow

This stone was a piece of the original street curbing used in the city of Martins Ferry, Belmont County’s first settlement and an important industrial center in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Martins Ferry, settled in 1779 but not officially a city until 1865, remains the oldest permanent settlement in Ohio. The curbing was donated by Wilson Blacktop and engraved by Randall Gallagher Monuments. | Belmont

 Previous image  Next image  Index page
Belmont.jpg - This stone was a piece of the original street curbing used in the city of Martins Ferry, Belmont County’s first settlement and an important industrial center in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Martins Ferry, settled in 1779 but not officially a city until 1865, remains the oldest permanent settlement in Ohio. The curbing was donated by Wilson Blacktop and engraved by Randall Gallagher Monuments.

Total images: 102 | Last update: 10/12/08 12:55 PM | Help