Up Stones from the County Walk Prev Next Slideshow

The stone to represent Clermont County is an original brick from the Old County Home, which was constructed in 1882. During its time, it served as an infirmary and orphanage. The building had over 100 rooms and included an open-air courtyard in the center. In 2003 the Old County Home was demolished in order to make room for the new municipal courthouse. A time capsule was discovered which contained articles from the 1800s. | Clermont

 Previous image  Next image  Index page
Clermont.jpg - The stone to represent Clermont County is an original brick from the Old County Home, which was constructed in 1882. During its time, it served as an infirmary and orphanage. The building had over 100 rooms and included an open-air courtyard in the center. In 2003 the Old County Home was demolished in order to make room for the new municipal courthouse. A time capsule was discovered which contained articles from the 1800s.

Total images: 102 | Last update: 10/12/08 12:55 PM | Help