Up Stones from the County Walk Prev Next Slideshow

The construction of the Darke County Courthouse was completed in 1874, and in 1976 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. While installing a new roof on the courthouse in 2002, three of the four chimneys were removed. The stone donated is a piece of one of the original sandstone veneer panels from one of the chimneys. It commemorates the Treaty of Greeneville, which was signed in 1795 in what is now Darke County. | Darke

 Previous image  Next image  Index page
Darke.jpg - The construction of the Darke County Courthouse was completed in 1874, and in 1976 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. While installing a new roof on the courthouse in 2002, three of the four chimneys were removed. The stone donated is a piece of one of the original sandstone veneer panels from one of the chimneys. It commemorates the Treaty of Greeneville, which was signed in 1795 in what is now Darke County.

Total images: 102 | Last update: 10/12/08 12:55 PM | Help