Up Stones from the County Walk Prev Next Slideshow

This stone is a small piece of the original marble steps taken from the Hancock County Courthouse. The current courthouse, located in Findlay, was completed in 1888 and funded primarily by the oil and gas boom. Formerly a part of the land set aside for Ohio’s Indian population, Hancock County was established in 1820. It was named for John Hancock, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. | Hancock

 Previous image  Next image  Index page
Hancock.jpg - This stone is a small piece of the original marble steps taken from the Hancock County Courthouse. The current courthouse, located in Findlay, was completed in 1888 and funded primarily by the oil and gas boom.  Formerly a part of the land set aside for Ohio’s Indian population, Hancock County was established in 1820. It was named for John Hancock, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence.

Total images: 102 | Last update: 10/12/08 12:55 PM | Help