Up Stones from the County Walk Prev Next Slideshow

In 1906 Noble County’s most long-lived plant, The Noble Brick Company, later known as the Ava Brick Company, opened and began producing bricks at a facility along the C&M Railroad just north of Ava. Shortly afterward paving blocks were added to their products. Fire destroyed the plant in 1923 but it was soon rebuilt and it remained in business until the mid-1980s under a variety of owners. | Noble

 Previous image  Next image  Index page
Noble.jpg - In 1906 Noble County’s most long-lived plant, The Noble Brick Company, later known as the Ava Brick Company, opened and began producing bricks at a facility along the C&M Railroad just north of Ava. Shortly afterward paving blocks were added to their products. Fire destroyed the plant in 1923 but it was soon rebuilt and it remained in business until the mid-1980s under a variety of owners.

Total images: 102 | Last update: 10/12/08 12:55 PM | Help