Up Stones from the County Walk Prev Next Slideshow

This stone was removed from the Ross County Courthouse on August 8, 2006, during a restoration project. Erected in 1855-56, the current courthouse stands on the site of the original courthouse where Ohio’s first constitution was written in 1802, and Ohio’s first General Assembly convened in 1803. Chillicothe was Ohio’s First Capital from 1803 to 1810. | Ross

 Previous image  Next image  Index page
Ross.jpg - This stone was removed from the Ross County Courthouse on August 8, 2006, during a restoration project.  Erected in 1855-56, the current courthouse stands on the site of the original courthouse where Ohio’s first constitution was written in 1802, and Ohio’s first General Assembly convened in 1803.  Chillicothe was Ohio’s First Capital from 1803 to 1810.

Total images: 102 | Last update: 10/12/08 12:55 PM | Help