Up Stones from the County Walk Prev Next Slideshow

This sandstone carved face, replaced during an exterior renovation project that occurred in 2001 and 2002, is one of many that gaze sternly and profoundly down from the roofline of the Wood County Courthouse, erected between 1893 and 1897. Upon its opening Bowling Green newspapers described the courthouse as being “the county’s new palatial temple of justice…grand beyond any anticipation.” | Wood

 Previous image  Next image  Index page
Wood.jpg - This sandstone carved face, replaced during an exterior renovation project that occurred in 2001 and 2002, is one of many that gaze sternly and profoundly down from the roofline of the Wood County Courthouse, erected between 1893 and 1897. Upon its opening Bowling Green newspapers described the courthouse as being “the county’s new palatial temple of justice…grand beyond any anticipation.”

Total images: 102 | Last update: 10/12/08 12:55 PM | Help