The O'Neill Family, 1957-1959
C. William O’Neill was the first governor to be elected after 358 North Parkview was donated to the state. The O’Neills remained in their own home while the new Governor’s Residence was being redecorated. In March 1957 Governor O’Neill, his wife Betty and their children C. William, Jr. (Dub) and Peggy moved into the house.
During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. O’Neill presided over hundreds of teas for visitors from around the state who wanted to see the new Governor’s Residence. C. William O’Neill was the last Ohio Governor elected to a two-year term.